We are please to announce that we will be reopening The Arches at Fineshade Wood with a brand new exhibition, In Steps of Sundew.
We will be open from:
10am – 4pm
Saturday 25 July and Sunday 26 July
Saturday 1 August and Sunday 2 August
Then daily from Monday 3 August.
Thank you for your support and positivity, and for the messages we have received throughout these challenging times, particularly those who have expressed gratitude at the continued role of art in their lives. Our online programme of activity will continue alongside this physical reopening.
The follow considerations have been met before reopening:
- The UK Government has clearly announced that museums and galleries can reopen (from 4 July 2020).
- The security of our team, the public and The Arches site can be sufficiently maintained in light of any operational changes to account for COVID-19.
- Our workforce safety and wellbeing can be supported.
- Public safety can be assured given that risks have reasonably been assessed and mitigated.
- Our site and processes can be adapted to support reopening.
- Our business case supports reopening.
- We are confident that visitors will return, and that we can provide the services and meet our charitable objectives in keeping with our public purpose.
- Adaptations may be required based on available guidance from the time of reopening continuing into the future.
- We will continually monitor the situation, initially opening on restricted hours to demonstrate that adequate processes are in place to support a full reopening.
- We have been awarded the Visit England We’re Good To Go Industry Standard consumer mark to reassure visitors that we are adhering to current and ongoing Government and public health guidance. This status is subject to spot checks and adherence to our Covid-19 Risk Assessment.
A one way system, with a hand sanitising station and social distancing signposts will be in operation.
Advance booking is not necessary and we will be monitoring visitor numbers electronically.